A construction company seeks to recruit an experienced audit officer who would assist the audit and compliance manager in conducting audits of the organisation in compliance with approved work flow procedure audit plan, including internal process and vendor audits. And also perform detailed compliance audits by applying federal and state-required audit
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of controls in the environment.
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Document the results of audit work in accordance with local and international reporting requirements.
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Assist in development of the annual and strategic internal audit plan, and support internal controls and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- Completes audit work papers and memorandums by documenting audit findings
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seeks relevant Education and training opportunities
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of state and federal legislation, statutes and regulations, and local, state
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or a related discipline.
- Should at least be in the process of qualifying as a chartered accountant or has passed old PE 1 (skills or application) level of ICAN.
- Public accounting firm experience would be an added advantage but not required.
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied
- Ability to identify underlying cause of an issue raised.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and facilitate communications in a proactive manner to avoid surprises
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494899 to apply for this job .