"Our client is an Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to African higher educational institutions and governments. They offer bundled ICT infrastructure and software solutions, using a vendor-financing model in which investments are recoverable on a subscription basis".
In this position, your responsibilities are primarily technical. Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment and maintenance), produce software applications to meet clients’ requirements.
- Developing web applications using the company’s portal framework including all tiers; presentation layer, business logic and data layer.
- Utilizing RAD tools in creating solutions that are easier to manage and deploy within a short time frame.
- Integrating the company’s software applications with each other as the need arises.
- Using industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies and deployment models to produce software applications.
- Adhering to the software development standards and processes of the company.
- Ensuring that code is reusable, maintainable and well documented.
- Performing initial quality assurance by unit testing all developed code.
- Estimating effort and time required to carry out software development tasks.
- Ensuring that development deadlines are agreed with your project manager and adhered to.
- Working effectively in a development team as well as individually on assigned projects.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, customization and deployment team, business analysts, and sales and marketing professionals, to develop optimal solutions for clients.
- Participating in Research and Development (R & D) to enable the development team keep in touch with emerging and latest technologies.
- Researching, acquiring and using more efficient development skills, techniques and technologies.
Core Competencies and Characteristics:
The key capabilities and personal attributes that this position entails and that we expect you to have and are responsible to uphold include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated competency in PHP programming language
- Self motivation and results orientation
- Excellent command of both oral and written communication
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Knowledge of MDA (Model Driven Architecture) concepts and tools
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494753 to apply for this job .