FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Manages day to day operations and systems coordination related to the procurement of various supplies and services in support of the project located domestically and internationally.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, cell phones, furniture, publications, subscriptions, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals for both domestic and country offices.
- Oversees logistical system for shipping/property control and related contracts.
- Works with vendors to negotiate and obtain best pricing and service for international shipping contracts.
- Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance.
- Acts as liaison with finance to assure purchase orders are paid as due and accounts are maintained currently.
- Trains staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
- Coordinate and plan bookings of meeting and training rooms by internal and external users. Ensure that all internal and external meeting organizers comply with FHI’s Guidelines for meeting/workshops.
- Oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of facilities utilized by the humanitarian response team including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinate the periodic inventory verification of all listed stores and property.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Procurements and Logistics related field with 5 - 7 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Admin or related field with 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494698 to apply for this job .