- Will be responsible for managing all warehouse operations e.g. inventory procurement, management, distribution; vendor management, junior staff supervision.
- Will be responsible for managing logistics and product pickup and delivery from suppliers to customers across operational areas.
- Will ensure proper management of payables and receivables as well as set up of appropriate inventory management records.
- Will manage fleet of delivery vehicles and drivers responsible for their operations
- Collaborates with Managing Director and General Manager in establishing and recommending the most realistic standard operational procedures to run an efficiently operating warehouse and logistics system
- Manages the operations of the warehouse and ensures that staff adheres to set standard operating procedures.
- Establishes and manages all required inventory management records.
- Prepares monthly budgets and variance reports. Propose strategies to achieve economies, on logistics and hub operations
- Establishes relationships key partners security agencies- Police, Vigilante etc. Ensures adherence to stipulated requirements.
- Acquires and manages relevant insurance for all company assets
- Establishes new and manages new relationships with suppliers. Manages goods receipts, stock placements, retrieval, packaging and distribution to customers.
- Manages relationships with key customers in collaboration with sales representatives. Serves as first line of resolving customer complaints and engaging key decision makers in target customer companies.
- Responsible for processing sales orders, product delivery and collections of account receivables from customers within the stipulated policy period.
- Ensures premises are tidy and that all equipment has a maintenance schedule that is adhered to.
- Review of warehouse operations with the Managing Director and General Manager regularly.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
- Creates monthly budgets based on master budget plan. Prepares monthly budget performance reviews and variance assessment with suggestions on strategies to adopt in improving profitability i.e. cost reduction and sales.
- Reviews existing standard operating policies and procedures. Makes suggestions to Managing Director and General Manager on improving policies and procedures based on operational observations.
- Creates low cost system of inventory records covering goods received, stock-ware position placements, physical stock taking, retrievals per responsible staff, and shipments per customer, delivery notes etc. and other relevant records.
- Creates fleet management schedule
- Creates operations schedule and plans for product distribution and delivery to customers
- Conducts vendor prequalification, manages vendor relationships for all goods and services required for warehouse operations. Prepares and maintains all procurement documentation.
- Responsible for account reconciliation and ensuring that payment and collection of account payables and receivables occur in accordance with the respective policies.
- Performs sales activities with sales representative on all target customer accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with Managing Director in writing.
- Manages self-development in supply chain management and operations.
- Reviews effectiveness of all warehouse activities including fleet management and operations and logistics on costs.
- Prepare monthly statements on operations and logistics costs and key deliverables per dates .
- Ensures proper use of company resources- time, equipment and vehicles etc. to achieve efficient and stable sales results.
- Adheres to sales policies, practices and procedures and makes suggestions on improvements to existing policies. Ensure receivables are collected and remitted as stipulated in policy.
- Reviews expenses and recommends economies in monthly reports.
- Responsible for line management for junior staff and for monthly appraisal reviews in conjunction with managing director.
- Participates in regular meetings in the warehouse.
- Adheres to all company policies, encourages colleagues to do so and whistle blows if observing contraventions.
- Conforms to company values and understands the mission, vision and strategy of the company
Reports directly to Managing director,general manager
- Experience in Ecommerce related operations and logistics
- Work experience in operations and logistics
- Resident in Ibadan (preferably around the Jericho area)
- Self-drive/Has initiative
- Team player
- Managerial experience (preferred)
- Fleet management experience
- Work experience in supply chain
- Relevant certifications in supply chain,operations and ecommerce
- Above beginner level in Powerpoint,excel and Office suite in day to day work
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494598 to apply for this job .