The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
- The Nigerian Red Cross Society NRCS aims to improve the planning, financing and accountability of its services and interventions, particularly on humanitarian relief and health services.
- The Head of Training department, under the direction of the secretary General, manages the Training programmes of the Nation Society, working with relevant Department and Technical Teams.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the NRCS’s goals through effective managerial and necessary lateral relations and teamwork.
- Show capacity to assist other members of management and Staff, aptitude for maintaining cooperation, and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National society.
- Show initiative and creativity/innovation in implementation of specific tasks.
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Secretary General or the National officers.
Specific Duties and Accountabilities
- Design and develop NS strategic, Operational plans and budget for Training (Staff, Volunteers, Communities and Corporate, Institutional and Commercial bodies).
- Scale up and expand the “Commercial First Aid Training”, making better use and maximizing existing resources.
- Work closely together with organisational and Human Resource Development, Disaster Management and Health as well as Care department to formulate and coordinate effective training strategies to ensure adequate technical support, synergy and consistency within the NS .
- Work with related teams to develop relevant training curricula and modules in line with international standards to be approved by the Governance and reviewed annually for quality assurance.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports, plans and proposals and submit through the Technical team to the Training Sub-Committee for approval.
- Develop and sustain the National Society’s leading role on ‘First Aid’ training across the country with passion and professionalism.
- Liaise and collaborate with Branches and Zones in the development and implementation of branch training plans.
- Build capacity for Branches and Zones to enhance quality delivery of all training activities.
- Develop and strengthen robust Training programme at the Headquarters, Zones, Branches and Divisions in collaboration with relevant Health Department.
- Prepare and develop monthly, quarterly, annual and key Training reports and share with the relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Document lessons learnt and best practises engaged in.
- Coordinate monthly Training Department meeting with programme officers to ensure compliance with NS Training policy and guidelines.
- Ensure that branches meet minimum standard on the implementation of Training programme activities.
- Undertake regular assessment of skills of subordinates and Branches, develop and train them in order to improve performance.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, six-monthly and yearly Training reports are produced and submitted to the National Board and CCEC.
- Work with the subordinates (Training staff) to develop a set of six months performance objectives specific to each of the employee’s job description and whose performance will be evaluated against.
- Perform annual job performance reviews (APER) of staff of Training department
- Bachelor degree in Education, human resource or relevant field.
- Masters degree in related field will be desirable.
- Proven work experience as a training manager.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, couching, on-the-job or the classroom training, e-learning, workshop, simulations etc).
- Excellent communication and leadership skill.
- Ability to plan, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Strong report writing and record keeping ability.
- Good computer and database skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a training manager.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494461 to apply for this job .