The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
- Responsible for strengthening and improving the quality, performance and impact of the programmes by providing technical support to the NRCS programmes in planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes.
- The National Head of PMER will work closely with the IFRC Regional PMER unit to develop coherent PMER system aligned to the NCRS Strategy 2015-20 and IFRC standards. Also acts as the main PMER focal point in-county for all multilateral and bilateral projects.
To support NCRS programmes in ensuring that the elements of programme quality are considered prioritized by:
- Supporting the programme staff in planning to ensure that elements needed for accurate reporting are well in place with particular focus on monitoring of progress and reporting on impact.
- Quality assurance of appeals and reports as major contribution to the mobilization of funds for the National society’s programmes.
- Supporting and facilitating the highlighting of outcomes, impact and learning in programme reports thereby increase the relevance of reports to donors and the wider humanitarian community.
- Promoting and ensuring compliance to donor standards and requirements in reporting.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the NCRS’s goals through effective managerial and necessary lateral relations and teamwork.
- Show capacity to assist other members of management and Staff, aptitude for maintaining cooperation, and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National Society
- Show initiative and creativity/innovative in implementation of specific tasks.
- Perform other work related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Secretary General or the National Officers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and develop planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation (PMER) processes and tools for NRCS programmes, projects and activities ensuring adaptation to the Zonal and branch context.
- Coordinate the collection of data by NRCS programme managers in Red Cross branches.
- Facilitate inter-sectorial planning and integration of common strategic as well as harmonization of various internal planning processes (strategic, operational and emergency).
- Analyze key challenges in quality programming and assist with ensuring consistency with established standards. A key focus of the role is ensuring that critical cross-cutting issues (alignment with Strategy 2020,Addis Ababa Plan of Action, Millennium Development Goals and Hyogo framework for Disaster Risk Reduction etc.)
- Actively contribute during project planning meeting with all programmes (regional, bilateral) to ensure that detailed logical frameworks and budgets are produced.
- Coordinate the compilation of accurate, regular, timely and consistent report in standard formats; compile other reports and information materials as required both within and outside the Red Cross Movement for ALL programmes, projects and SDP implementation.
- Ensure that delegate and staff submit regular, timely, accurate and high quality narrative reports.
- Assist the processing and management of pledges and donor reporting to ensure compliance with the agreed requirements.
- Coach and train key field staff members responsible for data collection and monitoring of programme activities.
- Facilitate any PMER-related training for NRCS National, Zonal and Branch programme staff and volunteers.
- Assessment of programme quality using the pre-defined Quality Benchmark (Logframe) as well as to identify significant underlying factors that affect programme quality to enhance transparency, accountability and impart.
- Assessment of data quality of selected programme performance indicators, verification of reported data and M&E system assessment.
- Coordinate monthly PMER programme meeting with programme officers to ensure compliance of code of conduct.
- Ensure quarterly and annual programme/project appraisal with clearly documented result and impact disseminated to Board and CCEC.
- Support the documentation of best practices and lessons learnt.
- As a member of the Disaster Response Task Force, ensure proper planning and input of all reporting aspects during the preparation of Emergency appeals in close consultation with the Disaster management department.
- Maintain regular communication with Government and other agencies to ensure that NRCS PMER collection and dissemination of data.
- Liaise with the Government, international and local agencies to ensure that NRCS PMER strategy is in line with national M&E frameworks.
- Improve the use of statistics, maps, photos, beneficiary feedback etc in reports and develop a specific filing/database system for easy retrieving of materials by interested parties.
- Maintain a database of ALL programme, projects and activities of the National society.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Policy, Psychology or Evaluation in related field.
- Master’s degree in related field will be desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in related profession.
- Experience of different measurement & Evaluation frameworks and techniques.
- A documented track record of planning, monitoring and Evaluation.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494459 to apply for this job .