The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
- The Internal Auditor is responsible for ensuring an independent, objective assessment and assurance to improve operations and performance in NRCS.
- The internal Auditor is responsible for investigating reports of suspected wrongdoing, examine operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- The internal auditor is faced with the task of reviewing the means for safeguarding assets; ascertain if results are consistent with management’s objectives and goals.
- In addition, such person appraises the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed; and reviews the systems established to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, plans, laws, and regulations.
- Review the reliability and integrity of management, financial and operating information;
- Review compliance with policies, regulations, procedures and laws’
- Review the means of safeguarding the assets of the Nigerian Red Cross Society;
- Appraise the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed;
- Review operations or programs to determine whether results and outcomes are consistent with established objectives, and whether goals are being achieved;
- Participate in the design of major internal controls systems; and
- Provide advisory service to the board, as required or requested, on internal controls, risk management and audit issues
- Identifies risk areas to determine the audit scope
- Plans and perform operational, process and compliance audits
- Evaluates operations and processes with special regard to efficiency and effectiveness
- Reviews compliance with internal policies, procedures and external regulations
- Reports audit findings to respective management and the Board
- Monitors action plans and status reports
- Performs special investigations as per request
- Collaborates closely with all levels of management and employees
- Promotes good business practices
Internal Control System:
- Maintains and further improves the standardized group wide Internal Control System
- Reviews and assesses the internal controls
- Develops solutions in order to improve processes and/or systems
- Provides guidance and training on relevant control processes
- Assists management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Coordinates the cooperation with external auditors
- Plans, executes and monitors the overall risk management process
- Ensures evaluation of identified risks considering criteria such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors
- Supports the organization in establishing scenario planning and business continuity plans
- Develops and implements risk reporting
Note: The duties enunciated above are intended to describe the duties of the appointee expected to undertake the position. It is not a complete and exhaustive list as alterations or deletion of duties may occur from time to time in accordance with the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- Minimum of a BA or BS/HND qualification in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Chartered or member of a professional body is required
- 3 years or more Audit Firm Experience is highly required
- Experience working with NGO’s preferred
- Proven previous experience in project management
- Establishment and enforcement of sound internal controls
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Strong operational management ability; a clear focus on results – sets goals, plans, and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans
- Minimum of 6 years work experience
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494449 to apply for this job .