The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for development of a Procurement Plan and undertake processes for the Procurement of Goods, Works and Services for the National Society in accordance with the approved Financial Budget and Procurement Framework.
- Support and assist Procurement Delegate to plan, co-ordinate and organize the National Society’s procurement activities in full compliance with NRCS Procurement Procedures and best practices to enable a high quality, efficient and cost-effective procurement process that meets the requests of the services users.
- Assist in the maintenance of National Society standard procurement practices keeping records to full audit trail standard.
- Assist in obtaining no less than three quotations, preparation of a Comparative Bid Analysis, and advice in recommending purchasing, with all information being systematically recorded in Purchase Committee minutes where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of appropriate supporting documents to the Committee on Contracts at the National level
- To liaise with relevant field level operational partners and governmental bodies and keep up to date with local market conditions to enable delivery of most efficient procurement service.
- Liaise with suppliers, service providers and other relevant stakeholders regarding delivery of supplies or services and keeping all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Prepare and present procurement files to local Committee of Contracts, and submit required documents for approval.
- Ensure that quality control/checks are conducted for all items, materials, or tools procured and delivered by suppliers, that they all meet specifications stated in contracts, are fit for the intended purpose, and have appropriate inspection certificates, when required.
- To carry accountability for ensuring that all procured goods and services are compliant with NRCS regulations and quality standards, are fit for purpose and inspection compliant
- Support the Procurement Delegate/ Logistics Coordinator, with appropriate authorization, execute the purchase of appropriate supplies and arrange delivery in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the relevant departments/functions regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
- Assist in the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and keep updated on local market conditions. Assist and maintenance records of the new supplier assessment and performance of the existing suppliers.
- Ensure the maintenance of a good professional working relationship with suppliers and inspection companies.
- Maintain and be responsible for the compilation and regular updating of pipeline goods, and disseminate it to all functions and departments as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for the National Society and for donors.
- Financial accountability: when/if working advances (WA) are provide, be accountable for all funds received and provide the NRCS standard reports on them.
- Apply and implement a full anti-corruption risk mitigation in all procurement transaction and dealings with Vendors.
- Perform other duties that may be requested by the Procurement Delegate /Logistics Coordinator
- Perform emergency duties as required and be available for during holidays if the situation so warrants.
- Develops the Procurement and Disposal Plans and Budgets for the National Society in accordance with the requirements of Regulations, Funding Agencies and sound Procurement Practices.
- Prepares frameworks and Bidding documents for Procurement of Goods, Works and Services in accordance with established guidelines.
- Prepares prequalification documents and support, Bid Evaluation and Selection processes in accordance with the Procurement Practices
- Works in liaison with User Departments in Contract Management, in accordance with Regulations; and arrange Vendor Invoices for submission to Finance Department for payment.
- Monitors the Bidding processes for Goods, Works and Services with particular reference to choice of media, advertising and Bidding periods, receipt of Bids and Bid opening requirements.
- Compiles and prepares timely and accurate monthly reports and other reports for Management in accordance with regulations.
- Prepares best evaluated Bidder Notices and maintains a Notice Board and ensure due publication of all notices.
- Updates and maintains a Contracts Register, and a system of safe records keeping for the department
- Note: The duties enunciated above are intended to describe the duties of the appointee expected to undertake the position. It is not a complete and exhaustive list as alterations or deletion of duties may occur from time to time in accordance with the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- The applicant should possess a good University Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or related fields. A post graduate degree would be an advantage
- Professional qualification in Procurement or Management
- A minimum of five or more years’ experience in similar position preferably a busy organization with good computer literacy skills (proficient in all MS Office, especially Excel)
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks in a multicultural setting;
- A system-oriented person with high sense of judgment, excellent communication and writing skills
- All applicants should adhere to The Fundamental Principles of the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- Excellent Management skills
- Procurement Skills
- Budget and Finance Skills
- Moral authority to model the independent role
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communications skills including report writing
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of procedures and best standards for the purchase of goods and services
- Knowledge of the NRCS procurement and financial management procedures
- Proven experience to carry out procurement assessment and set up operations
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years Procurement work experience
- Experience in managing and training staff/volunteers
- Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization
- Red Cross knowledge and experience
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494442 to apply for this job .