- Attend pre-job planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- To assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- To investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to management.
- To ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Lead the identification and appropriate mitigation of risks on site.
- Lead the cultural / behavioural health and safety step change programme on site by working closely with the Project Manager, Site personnel and Subcontractors.
- To co-ordinate the investigation of any accidents or incidents affecting people / property or the local environment. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as a senior Accident Investigator. Drive improvement programme following any incidents.
- To ensure compliance to all legal and Company standards, reviewing and reporting performance.
- To manage the local site security guards provision. To identify and spread good practice across the site, division and company to ensure a consistent approach is achieved.
- To ensure all staff receive appropriate training in health safety security and environment.
- To lead any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate.
- To be aware of new technologies, systems, tools and training packages and where they can be applied for the benefit of the site
- To develop a positive HSE culture on site, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge.
Qualification and Requirements:
- HND/BSC in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position with evidence of participation in relevant HSE workshops or trainings.
- Excellent Verbal and Written English skills.
- A team player with experience at management level, able to communicate with and influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
- Able to work in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Ability to work with employees/Subcontractors and achieve cultural change.
- Ability to oversee Safety Incentive Programs
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494391 to apply for this job .