BPL Nigeria Limited is a commodity trading company and our factory is along Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Ibafo. We export various metals – Lead, Aluminium and Mica. We are looking for a motivated and proactive individual to act as a Logistic Officer for the company.
Core Job Purpose:
To ensure smooth and timely logistics processes of the company
To liaise with the Shipping company(s), Forwarding Agent(s) and other parties involved to ensure a hitch free shipping for the company
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make bookings and confirm them
- Liaise with the GM, Operations and MD on shipment plan weekly
- Ensure timely availability of containers for loading
- Ensure proper security of the cargo into the port
- Keep up to date record of every shipments and related documents.
- Liaise with the shipping line and the forwarding agent on behalf of the company
- Ensure target vessels are met.
- Ensure that the correct details and information are on the BL/Telex documents.
- Maintain confidentiality of the company information and properties.
- Must learn within the first month and have an extensive knowledge of the organisation including but not limited to
- Key Personnel, roles and duties
- Key processes, procedures and methodologies within he organisation
- Must be proactive – be able to anticipate solutions to problems
- Must be solutions driven – resolve issues before or as soon as they occur
- Must be able to manage her time and resources efficiently
- Must have good people and team management skills
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494387 to apply for this job .