The Nigerian Red Cross, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
The Nigerian Red Cross Society NRCS aims to improve the entire order cycle, so as to ensure sustainability; particularly in the humanitarian relief and health services.
The Head of Logistics unit Department under the direction of the Secretary General, manages the overall supply chain, organises and monitors the storage and distribution of goods.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and custom formalities.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Draws up budget with the delegation administrator
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce/local personnel.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with law and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Masters degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, import/export, transport, warehouse management or in any related field will be desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Humanitarian field experience is an asset.
- The CV must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the Directorate level.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494218 to apply for this job .