The International committee of the Red cross is seeking qualified candidates to fill this role
- Provides support in the areas of Supply Chain, Purchasing, Transport, Warehousing, Stock management and Fleet to Damaturu Office
- Handles logistical files independently
- Implements and runs logistic procedures
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Requisition Orders (RO) and Purchase Orders (PO) within the Logistic system
- Monitors the preparation and sending out of Request for Quotation (RfQ)
- Coordinates with Logistics in the country and the suppliers to ensure smooth planning of deliveries, offloading of commodities as well as careful inspection of supplier deliveries in terms of quality and quantity in line with Purchase Orders Supervises the fleet drivers, arranges work schedule
- Ensures transmission of the monthly statistics reports of the Damaturu Office to Log/Maiduguri both electronic and hard copies
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Understand well the work and needs of the WatHab department
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department
Please clearly indicate “Logistician Mubi" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494162 to apply for this job .