eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Coordinator supports the Deputy Country Director Programs to strengthen and implement monitoring, evaluation and research strategies and plans for eHealth Africa’s Nigeria Office.
- This role serves the organization's goals, which helps eHA use data to drive decision making through continuous monitoring of program data across multiple programs at eHA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists eHA in strengthening existing programs systems through ensuring that monitoring, evaluation and research principles are well integrated in eHA programs
- Develops and regularly reviews the tools for program monitoring and makes adjustments to facilitate objective measurement of indicators included in program/ project’s Results Frameworks
- Liaises with Program / Project Managers to collect and analyze priority data and determine progress achieved by individual projects
- Supports Program / Project Managers with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research areas of their reporting to funders, as needed
- Ensures understanding of best practices around the areas of monitoring, evaluation and research in public health
- Facilitates in maintaining the data source registry in coordination with Global Health Informatics team.
- Initiates research using a combinations of research methods that leads to knowledge generation, which would render the program / projects of eHA to continue, redesign or adjust based on these findings
- Develops research and learning products for internal and external dissemination, including literature reviews and peer reviewed publications, etc.
- Supports other departments and programs with research dissemination needs including development of research posters and presentations, and review of manuscripts for publication
- Works with eHA’s Grants & Contracts office and Business Development to coordinate the submission of proposals to various funding organizations, in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Director of Programs & Operations and the Senior Finance Manager
- Works in close liaison with the Knowledge Management Coordinator to prepare media packages for various audience; and identifies key conferences and workshops of strategic interest to eHA to showcase eHA relevant projects
- Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of monitoring, evaluation, and research
- Travel between work sites
- Performs any other duties assigned by management
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision
- Is consistently at work and on time and adheres to Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master's Degree from college or university in Public Health, Health Research, Statistics, Business, Economics, Project Management, Information Management, or a related field. Advanced research Management experience may substitute for the Master’s degree
- 5 years of experience with demonstrated results in areas covering: coordinating research, program monitoring, and program evaluation. This includes writing program reports and briefs, updating results trackers, organizing dissemination events, and presenting findings. Extensive experience in health research, health impact assessments, and analysis
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively approach program monitoring and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Must possess the ability to organize, instruct and supervise staff while promoting group effort and achievement
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to foster a positive working environment
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, work under pressure, and manage
- Some travel may be required.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program. â€‹Knowledge of data analysis software programs (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, R)
English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
Ability to apply statistical knowledge and skills
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/494050 to apply for this job .