We are looking for Company secretaries that will be responsible for ensuring that our organisation complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains high standards of corporate governance. He/She will hold a strategic position at the heart of governance operations within our organisation and act as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders, reporting in a timely and accurate manner on company procedures and developments.
Company secretaries work in and around the board, usually reporting to the chairman. This provides the opportunity to offer advice and guidance on matters of law and governance at the very top of organisations.
The role covers a range of functions, and specific tasks vary depending on the type and size of the company.
However, typical activities include:
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with Companies House,
- Following up on actions from meetings.
- Overseeing policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval.
Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure.
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members.
- Management skills.
- Teamworking skills.
- integrity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- a sound grasp of corporate governance issues.
- a commercial frame of mind.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493728 to apply for this job .