- The monitoring and evaluation Officer will be responsible for leading and managing the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities for the project.
- S/he will establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation.
- Candidate should possess strong management, administrative and communication skills (including report writing).
Duties and Responsibilities
- M&E Officer must have knowledge management and capacity building objectives. This includes the design and implementation of a robust results, PMEP, and knowledge management framework to aggregate and disseminate useful and actionable information based on sound evidence generated from activities.
- Coordinates and manages all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) tasks and deliverables for the project. Establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation. Coordinate and manage all MEL tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines.
- Oversees data collection processes and data quality; develops documentation of best practices; and facilitating the use of data to drive program design and decision making.
- Facilitate learning from M&E findings with implementation teams and other relevant stakeholders. This could include building the capacity of the implementation partners to respond to evaluation findings where appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to state, LGA and CSO partners as required on monitoring evaluation systems capacity building and assessments
- Synthesize and analyze lessons to determine policy implications, distil and articulate best fit innovations for dissemination with community of practice
- Facilitate incorporation of research design and methodologies in the application of learning to project design and management.
- Directly supervise and mentor project M&E/knowledge management staff. Build internal project staff capacity to implement MEL strategy.
- Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Science, International Development, or a relevant field, with 3-5 years of experience in international development program design and implementation. 3 years’ experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in knowledge management and communications, particularly for research.
- Demonstrated understanding with knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice and social networking.
- Skills in qualitative and quantitative research methods, data collection and analysis, and establishing M&E systems. Demonstrated ability to lead baseline data collection and analyses.
- Knowledge of and experience with M&E frameworks, and reporting system.
- Verbal and written fluency in the English language along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493635 to apply for this job .