Responsible for the leadership of the engineering team at the actual location of project by coordinating the delivery of the specific customer requirement. Ensures that all task assigned to team are completed within allowed schedule and conform to expected quality and specification.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to defining the project delivery plan.
- Receive all installation documents - Site Installation Documents (SID), Site Installation Report (SIR), Installation Checklist and EHS compliance document from the Project Manager.
- Deploy to site, receive material if required and start work per instruction, guide and plan
- Coordinate team to ensure appropriate and approved quality and EHS processes are strictly followed during implementation , depending on the project requirement
- Physically support team members in carrying out assigned task at the project site
- Complete Integration and configuration of installed equipment per approved plan to achieve customer requirement
- Use smart tools to achieve project deliverables where required including the capture of all QC and EHS pictures before and during installation.
- Feedback project reports to the Project and Quality manager for further business use
- Report any issues or discrepancies at the site to the Project Manager in real time that will permit application of appropriate solution to issues raised
- Document all project and EHS related issues, incidents and accidents that occur at the project site using the approved template
- Enforce approved EHS procedures on site.
- Manage tools allocated to team
- Below are key outputs expected of the Lead, Field Engineering:
- Achievement of physical work requirement within SLA.
- Submit EHS and quality related site documentation within SLA.
- Achievement of deliverables using specific customer smart tools within SLA.
- Implementation of solution provided to issues raised during project work
- Complete monthly tools status report.
Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical / Computer Science discipline or equivalent.
Required Working Experience:
- 5 years relevant industry experience, with strong background in engineering.
- 2 years’ experience in supervisory role, an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- The following are required of the Team Lead, Field Engineering:
- Excellence, integrity, creativity, team spirit, commitment, customer-centricity, empathy, safety consciousness.
- Must be able to work closely with multiple teams and operate critical telecommunication equipment.
- Good knowledge of project goals and targets.
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and be analytical to successfully perform the assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work and handle equipment at heights.
- High Problem Identification and Solving Skills
- Good organizational and time management skills including the ability to organize, prioritize, and articulate job tasks and complete the tasks on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to engage with and communicate with customers, vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with a fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision. Advanced hands-on experience of BSS testing equipment e.g. SITE Master, Spectrum Analyzer, IP-Link Testers.
The working condition is such that the incumbent operate mainly outdoor. It requires a lot of traveling. The incumbent can be called upon to move to site at regular and special conditions like evenings, weekends and festive days.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493629 to apply for this job .