The Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management Project is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the procurement process for technical and operational procurement -from solicitation to final delivery of goods and services, to submission of purchase order (PO) to Finance for payment processing.
- Track operational and programmatic procurement requests, Ensure all requests are logged, acknowledged and acted upon in a timely and compliant fashion and are consistently updated in the procurement tracker.
- Contribute to regular updates, of the vendor database, with the objective of promoting a more transparent and competitive procurement process. The vendor database will contain a selection of vendors and service providers.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with local vendors and service providers to ensure they fully understand USAID/FAR compliant procurement processes and systems and requirements for working with Chemonics.
- Draft negotiation memoranda, selection memos and other procurement documentation where applicable, and ensure this is on file for ell procurements
- Prepare purchase orders before they are submitted to selected vendors and work closely with the Program and Operations teams to ensure all procurements adhere to the specifications in the procurement action request (PAR) forms prior to final purchasing
- Upon completion of procurements, prepare all necessary paperwork is on file prior to submission to Finance for payment
- Conduct regular audits of the electronic and hard procurement files to ensure compliance with requirements
- Preparation of PSM procedure documents using PSM enterprise management system (Orion and CRM) to initiate procurement actions including price request (PR), Price Quotation and price orders
- Production monthly and quarterly reports of procurement actions and status
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A university degree in a relevant subject area is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in procurement required
- Experience with USAID or US Government funded programs following US FAR and AIDAR regulations highly desired
- Fluent written and spoken English required
- Strong organization skills and ability to work as a team oriented culturally, diverse environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Excellent, interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with a diverse group of project staff, vendors throughout the country and international staff required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493526 to apply for this job .