An IT Firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
To provide second level operational and technical support to IT users in order to ensure efficient and effective usage of deployed IT solutions/services.
Duties and responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide network administration, monitor and maintain computer system and network support for all users.
- Liaise with line management regarding Information System enhancements, maintenance and co-ordinate their timely completion, including installation and follow through.
- Maintain regular backup of all files on all (computer) systems within the network.
- Troubleshooting system network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Diagnose error conditions and malfunctions on all systems and initiate the appropriate remedial actions.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Setting up new user account(s) & profile(s), & dealing with password issues.
- Responding with agreed time limits to IT issues.
- Walking members of staff through set up procedures or to resolve issues, either face- to-face or over the phone.
- Carry out continuous review of all systems and methods of work within each of the departments and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Education: BSc or B.Eng.: Electrical/Electronic\Computer Engineering
Minimum Working Experience: 2yrs experience installing and supporting all of the following: Windows Active Directory, Windows 2007/2010 professional, Cisco Networks (voice, video & data), VPN, TCP/IP troubleshooting and Microsoft Office suite
Required Certification(s): CCNA, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), ITIL
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude
- Good understanding of the organisation’s business orientation and satisfactory skills in customer service
- Thorough knowledge of network/systems design, analysis, productivity tools and operating systems
- Good skills in project planning, change management and time management skills
- Good and flexible communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Continuous approach to upgrading of ICT skills
- Supplier management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Telephone etiquettes
- Conversant with ITIL processes
- Extended work hours.
- May require travel – local and international.
- Working under pressure.
Satisfactory physical / health status, following medical examination is required.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493408 to apply for this job .