An indigenous independent Institute that promotes, facilitates and determines disputes by Arbitration, Mediation Conciliation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanisms is currently revamping and restructuring its operations and is engaging dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated people to fill key positions in the organisation.
Programmes & Business Development Officer
The individual hired for this position will be responsible for developing, marketing executing, and implementing the Institute’s programmes and events. The person will also build and maintain relationships with potential partners and funders for the Institute’s operations.
- Create, develop and implement fund-raising strategies for the Institute
- Identify potential partnerships with organizations/institutions
- Research available local and international funding opportunities
- Review request for proposals (RFPs) and draft proposals to potential partners and donors for fundraising purposes
- Generate increased income for the Institute’s programmes and events from existing sources or relationships
- Maintain and expand Institute’s network in the arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution and business community
- Identify opportunities to actively engage Institute’s Members and Stakeholders
- Research relevant information to improve Institute’s programmatic approach Coordinate the execution and support the implementation of Institute’s programmes and activities
- Monitor and track the impact of Institute’s programmes and events
- Prepare reports for Management, Partners and Funders
- Support Management in other areas related to ensuring the success of the Institute
- University degree in international relations, political science, economics, business or public administration or related discipline. A Masters Degree any of these fields will be an advantage
- At least 5 years experience working for a national/international NGO or development agency in programme development and implementation, marketing, fundraising and external relations
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with good drafting and editing skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in developing and delivering programmatic and fundraising strategies
- Proven experience in conceptualizing, managing and executing programmatic interventions with the ability to achieve financial targets
- Excellent planning, management and organisational skills
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills
- High standard of computer competency and literacy
- A self starter
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, culture and nationalities
Duration: Full time employment
Remuneration: Attractive and will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send their application an email with title of the role as subject by Saturday, November 19, 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493405 to apply for this job .