Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV and AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Global Fund among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- This is a senior management position, reporting to the Board through the Managing Director.
- The successful candidate will provide independent and objective assurance, evaluation, analyses and appraisals designed to add value and improve the organisation’s operations and effectiveness of governance and risk management processes, and internal control environment.
- S/He will direct the planning and execution of operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation’s internal control systems including field operations.
- S/He will determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations.
- S/He will make written recommendations to the Board and senior management for control enhancement and to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed.
- S/He will maintain a professional staff team with sufficient knowledge, training, skills and experience to meet the requirements of the Internal Audit Charter and ensure capacity building, mentoring and coaching of the Internal Audit staff.
- The position holder will perform special investigations as requested by the Board or Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or Financial Management and a relevant Masters’ degree with a recognised professional accounting qualification - ACA or ACCA or other professional body.
- Must have previous experience in a donor funded environment with good knowledge of international donor rules & regulations and must possess a minimum of twelve (12) years post NYSC experience, the last five (5) of which should have been as the Head of an Audit Team.
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of audit planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting audit scope, and determining budgets and staff assignments.
- Must have expert knowledge of risk management and assessment, fraud investigation and detection criteria and strategies as well as auditing standards, techniques, activities, and processes.
- Must have good experience with drafting audit reports including writing clear and concise findings and recommendations and be able to properly assess potential findings for significance and negotiating their finalization with senior management.
- Must be an analytical and resolute decision maker with strong organisational and planning skills, with great attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed budgets and time lines with very good knowledge of the current financial and corporate governance regulatory environment.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including spreadsheets and relevant accounting software.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/493404 to apply for this job .