Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
- Collection of information regarding safety and security situation in Borno and Yobe states as well as on safety & security issues concerning CRS.
- When the Base Radio is set off, do the radio contact at interval of time (Confirmation of MVT, confirmation of important message sent by others means)
- Daily tracking and recording of all CRS vehicle field movement.
- Follow up of any calls made by Sat phone and radio
- Track staff movement and advice Security Coordinator accordingly.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and informing the security coordinator
- With support from Security Coordinator maintain a state-wide network of influential actors and communication of CRS status and mission in the State.
- Cover for the Security Coordinator in his absence and support and advice programs staff in the field regarding safety and security information with the support of the Security Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Encost field staff on outreach activities providing security support.
- Works with Security Coordinator to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Undertakes continual assessments of equipment (including vehicles) and organizational assets to ensure equipment integrity at all times.
- With the support of the Security Coordinator, ensure that responsible guardians Private Security Guards) have the capacities to perform their duties as per the SOPs
- With support from the Security Coordinator, conducts monthly safety inspections such as: fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and inspection of CRS facilities in the State as it pertains to health and safety to ensure equipment integrity.
- Actively seeks opportunities that will complement ability to fulfil position’s responsibilities as well as further
- Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision
- Identifies, establishes and manages context appropriate approach to assure CRS facilities are secure
- Submits regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the Security Coordinator
- Works closely with CRS field teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written Incident Report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately;
- Coordinates regularly with the Security Coordinator on safety and security issues, and fulfil reporting requirements to the Country Office in Abuja.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of community engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other related fields
- Degree in criminology, peace & security studies, political sciences or related subject
- Professional Certification in security studies.
- Be a Nigerian National
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Emails, Skype, Web researches);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hausa (Kanuri Speaking)
- Demonstrable training and capacity building experience
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- Security background preferable
- Proven ability to read maps
- Knowledge of other Nigerian local languages
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of the Northeast of Nigeria
- Previous experience in similar activities with NGOs
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492404 to apply for this job .