Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
- The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and programmatic support to the 4Children project office in Lagos state. S/he has a dynamic role, which requires versatility and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Receive visitors and ensure visits are properly logged.
- Receive all deliveries (including mail) and maintain an appropriate record of all deliveries.
- Liaise with the security team to ensure that entrance to the office is properly monitored and that all visits are appropriately logged.
- Ensure that all Office equipment are secured and in good condition by maintain an office inventory and conducting periodic inventory audit.
- Ensure that the Office premise is keep clean at all times.
- Ensure Protection and Safety Equipment such as Fire Extinguishers and First Aid Kits are serviced, available and in functional order at the Office premises.
- Make copies and assist in the spiral binding of documents.
- Pick up quotations and invoices from vendors when applicable
- Carry out daily walk through office areas to check on bulbs and areas that maintenance is needed
- Request for Short term advances to carryout out small purchases for the office.
- Work with the Administrative Officer in the country office to ensure the payment of utility bills.
- Provide program support to technical staff during meetings, workshops and trainings
- Ensure proper documentation of project documents within the state office
- Liaise with project team to ensure that adequate information on staff movements is appropriately logged.
- Coordinate Car hire needs within the state office
- Coordinate documents that needs to be send to Abuja office.
- Stocks and Storage
- Ensure that all received goods are stored according to general accepted standards.
- Assist in stock management for storage and coordinate necessary assistance in the movement of goods.
- Provide needed assistance in office items movement or relocations.
- Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Head of Operation, Head of Administration, Administrative Officer, Procurement Officer and Senior Procurement officer, Administration Secretary, Finance Staff, Senior Managers, Zonal Team Lead and Zonal Staff.
- External: Implementing Partners, PHCN, Lagos Water Board, telephone companies and Courier Service companies, Car Hire Vendors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in an administrative capacity
- Excellent English language skills written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- A good knowledge of Lagos.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492392 to apply for this job .