Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchl, Borno, Gombe and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (lDP) children, as well as out- of-school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations
The Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial formation, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
The accountant wilt also be responsible for maintaining personnel leave files that inform payroll.
- Manages day to day finance operations, including Implementing Creative and USAID Voiceless, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
- Completes donor financial reporting, track spending, and support the Director of Finance and Grants.
- Provides updated monthly cost r ports and draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Bauchi field office; and the transfer of project funds from the central account to field accounts.
- Works closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and respond to any inquiries they may have.
- Expertise In accounting, finance or business administration.
- Knowledge of laws, accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations, and labor laws.
- Reports to Reports to Director of Finance and Grants.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma required, BA/BS degree highly desired
- Must have 4+ years of general work experience
- Must have 2+ year of specialized experience relevant to accounting
- Must have 6+ months supervisory experience, if supervising staff
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Spoken and Written English highly desired, Medium level required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492385 to apply for this job .