Nigeria Education Crisis Response is a USAID-funded project aimed at supporting Adamawa, Bauchl, Borno, Gombe and Yobe states to expand access to quality, relevant non-formal education and alternative education opportunities for internally displaced persons (lDP) children, as well as out- of-school children in host communities, aged 6 to 17 at target locations.
- The Non-Formal Education Officer will be responsible for supporting the NFE/TE Specialist In coordinating all training activities for the project, focusing on improving instruction for literacy, numeracy and life skills.
- S/he will lead the development and Implementation of the teacher training component of the program, working in close collaboration with the non- formal education advisor and the technical team.
- This person will also support the program In coordinating activities to increase access to NFE and alternative learning options for children, especially girls, disabled children and IDPs in Borno state.
- Support in Training and providing supports to -learning facilitators and implementing CSOs in all- activities related to teacher professional development.
- Assist in the development and field testing of strategies, tools and resources for teacher training and ensures their dissemination and use.
- Assist in Supervision to ensure implementation of introductory workshops and meetings, implementation of all master trainers workshops;
- Coordinates the identification of NFLCs with government authorities, faith-based organizations and community- leaders and establishes qualifying parameters for program participation.
- Liaises with government agencies and NFLC5 to maximize opportunities for access quality education for out-of-school youth.
- In consultation with the NFEITE Specialist, works with SOs to ensure NFLCs have materials and resources to provide quality education, integrate academic and SEL subjects Into the curriculum, and that out-of-school youth are accessing NFLCs.
- Through the NFE/TE Specialist, coordinates closely with the Non-Formal Education Advisor based in Bauchi for streamlined implementation.
- Carry out any other related work that may be assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma required, BA/BS degree highly desired.
- Must have 3+ years general work experience and 2+ years of non-formal and teacher education experience
- If supervising staff, must have at least 6+ months of supervisory experience. -
- May-supervise a medium size team and have 1+ years of supervisory experience in non-formal and teacher education.
- Medium level knowledge of Spoken and Written English required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492381 to apply for this job .