We are establishing a new daycare facility for children from 12 weeks to 18 months, to provide a home away from home whilst supporting developmental needs of every child at the highest level. We are looking for a trustworthy, diligent and capable Nurse who loves children to head our team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the children are signed in and out properly
- Creating and maintaining Creche policies and procedures
- Organise and supervise all activities in the Creche
- Be mindful of children's allergies and needs
- Create a fun, stimulating and safe environment
- Assist in many aspects of the children’s daily lives, through social, emotional, educational and practical interaction, nurturing and guidance.
- Helping to oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment, supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading and outdoor/physical pursuits.
- Plan, observe and keep records that inform parents and carers about their child’s day.
- Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drinks
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
- Undertaking any relevant admin/paperwork
- Planning and implementing a curriculum that targets different areas of infant development such as motor and social skills
- Developing and organising learning materials, visual aids and teaching resources, and making imaginative use of resources
- Developing schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Monitoring and maintaining records of the children’s progress, routines, and interests
- Watching for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bringing problems to the attention of parents
- Liaising with parents, carers and other administrative staff
- Working with others, including assistants and nursery carers
The Ideal candidate:
- Is less than 35 years old
- Has an innate love and fondness for infants and children
- Is fluent in spoken and written English
- Has at least three years experience of working in a crèche
- Is skilled in planning, activity design and creation
- Possesses excellent organisational and management skills
- Has great energy, patience and a caring nature
- Has excellent listening and communication skills
- Has an understanding of the needs of infants
- Has an understanding of the law around keeping children safe (safeguarding)
- An early childhood certification is an added advantage
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492348 to apply for this job .