Who we need
Kitulu is looking for a seasoned engineer to join an awesome team working redefine the way on-demand services are done in Africa. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects– helping evolve our existing architecture, working with the team to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality. This is a full time job
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Build robust and scalable software in PHP, Laravel, and 3 other language of choice
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with team members to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
Who we think will be a great fit
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in system architecture, but a passion for getting things done. You’re smart enough to work a fast growing tech space, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced and willing to garner more experience, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding and software design
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Functional knowledge of payment and financial systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Hibernate)
- Experience with integrating with both internal and external API.
- Mastery in software engineering development tools e.g Git, Subversion, IntelliJ
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience with PHP and Laravel and the willingness to learn new technologies (experience with other object-oriented languages is okay too, but our code is PHP and Laravel so you should be able to get up-to-speed on both quickly)
- You’re so much fun to work with, that if you were working on the weekend, we’d want to join you.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/492146 to apply for this job .