Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health NGOs in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV&AIDS prevention, and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, among other international donors.
We seek to recruit qualified persons due to new programme initiatives and growth. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
- This is an Assistant Director/Deputy Director position reporting to the project’s National Team Leader.
- The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and strategic direction of a maternal and child health programme and to support the National Team Leader in the achievement of the programme goals.
- S/He will be responsible for overseeing the project’s technical unit and its outputs, including a team of advisors from other consortia partners, ensuring quality coordination among advisers, regularly liaising with state team leaders (STLs) and helping to develop overall strategies, workplans, budgets and rigorous Internal Technical review processes.
- S/He will contribute to programme high level decision-making and the integration of quality in all programme activities and services.
- Must possess a First and a Master's degrees in Medical/Health/Biological Sciences or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- Must possess minimum of fifteen (15) years post NYSC experience in Health and Development job, with at least 8 at the senior management level.
- Must possess sound knowledge of health programming, health financing and health interventions in Nigeria.
- Must have familiarity of DFID policies, frameworks and regulations.
- Must have experience in project and budget management.
- Must be highly organized, comfortable working on multiple simultaneous projects with demonstrable ability to meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal skills, writing and interpersonal communication.
- Must possess high level of integrity, interpersonal, and networking skills in addition to field programme implementation skills such as advocacy and facilitation skills.
- Must be willing to work in Northern Nigeria, including in fragile situations.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidate
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491776 to apply for this job .