The Sasakawa Africa Association /Sasakawa Global 2000 (SAA/SG2000), a non-profit governmental organization with its office in Nigeria, promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for small holder farmers in Nigeria in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers' organizations, and private sector.
The project is implemented through five Interrelated Themes, one is to improve farm productivity (Theme 1), to promotion improved post-harvest and agro-processing technologies (Theme 2), to promote public-private partnership in support of pluralistic extension delivery and market access (Theme 3, to develop agricultural extension advisory services (Theme 4), and to establish a relevant efficient and effective monitoring, evaluation, learning and sharing system (Theme 5).
- Support the MELS Theme Coordinator in undertaking and implementing MELS activities in SG2000 Nigeria programs.
- Contribute to the design and adaptation of MELS tools and instruments for implementation.
- Help MELS Theme Coordinator in ensuring a common understanding around the designed MELS tool by field staff.
- Supervise the implementation of MELS planned field activities especially data collection and training of program and extension staff
- Play an active role in data processing, management and analysis, and report writing.
- Assist MELS Theme Coordinator in the production of quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports and any other reports as required
- Assist MELS Theme Coordinator in the planning of annual activities and budgeting including ensuring the alignment of the Program activities to national goals.
- Help MELs Theme Coordinator to organize periodical review meetings, evaluations, in-depth studies, monitoring of field activities and related results at output and outcome levels
- Assist MELS Theme Coordinator in the dissemination of SG 2000 - Nigeria lessons and best practices through appropriate learning and sharing platforms, channels and fora.
- Act as the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) focal point in SG 2000 Nigeria
- Represent SG 2000-Nigeria MELS Theme in the country as well as outside when needed, and
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the MELS Theme Coordinator and the SG 2000 - Nigeria Country Director in consultation with MELS Theme Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences or any other related field; Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years' experience in impact assessment, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and reporting
- Expertise in data collection, processing, management and analysis,
- Excellent computer skill especially in SPSS, STATA, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of ArcGIS is an advantage.
- Be physically and mentally able to work in rural areas.
- Good knowledge of local languages of SG 2000 - Nigeria intervention areas.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, and
- Willing to work under pressure in a multi-disciplinary team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit an application, including the following non-returnable documents:
- Application letters stating Intent of interest.
- Curriculum Vitae with three referees;
- Copies of credentials
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Global 2000,
No. 8 Kura Road,
Off Magajin Rumfa Nassarawa GRA,
or click Apply Below...
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491557 to apply for this job .