Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
- Support the translation of business requirements into a set of technical specifications for the selection, design and implementation of fit-for-purpose IT Solutions.
- The Technical Architect would work with the project office, testing and other stakeholders to ensure the requirements are delivered according to best practice standards and in alignment with Etisalat architecture principles.
- Support the translation of Business Strategy into IT Strategy
- Guide technology decisions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles & standards.
- Support the development and maintenance of the roadmap of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of business goals and strategies.
- Produce technical specifications and systems integration requirements for IT solution.
- Analyse solution options and articulate justifications / business cases for assigned IT investments.
- Ensure timely, accurate and up to date documentation of the IT landscape.
- Support business process optimization and integration initiatives, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of assigned IT projects.
- Ensure all technical documents related to a project are compiled in accordance with IT Architectural Policy and best practices.
- Assist in providing clarity into the definition of test cases for projects.
- Assist in the management of the architecture review board and other IT design groups.
- Support the technology planning team in the definition of processes and frameworks for managing capacity infrastructure and application licenses.
- Analyse, review and recommend approval on proposed IT solution design as prerequisite for solution build and implementation.
- Ensure compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other.
- Evaluate changes to production environment and advice on impact.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Solution Architecture.
- First degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other numerate science.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to five (5) years relevant work experience out of which the candidate must have worked 2 years as a Solution Architect or Solution Integrator. Experienced in at least any two of the following IT disciplines: technical infrastructure, application development, middleware, database management and operations.
- Good understanding of telecommunication business and technology model.
- Understanding of global acclaimed Architectural frameworks - TOGAF, ZACHMAN, etc.
- Good understanding of domain and relevant technology - telecommunication systems, database, SOA, networking, etc.
- Industry experience in telecommunication is desired.
- Excellent oral, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to see from and sell to various viewpoints.
- Creative, innovative and pragmatic.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491482 to apply for this job .