Bridge International Academies is an education innovation organization that designs technology-enabled, national-syllabus aligned primary and nursery school content to empower communities to give children a high-quality education. Bridge directly operates over 470 schools across Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria and India, and acts as a government school operator for public primary and nursery schools in Liberia. Bridge works with parents, teachers and communities to provide the technology, training and resources to provide under-served communities with the support they need to deliver an education to their children that engages their hearts and minds, and ensures that they will complete primary school literate and numerate and able to take on the world.
Bridge International Academies is transforming education by attacking one of the emerging world’s biggest problems: inadequate access to and quality of education for the children of families living on less than $2/day. Bridge utilizes a research-proven, scripted-learning education methodology coupled with big data (all teachers have tablets for instruction, assessment, and data-gathering) to profitably deliver high quality education at less than $6 per child per month.
Bridge International Academies offers a tremendous opportunity to grow with one of the world’s most exciting, ambitious, and socially conscious companies, with leadership roles available across a number of competencies and geographies. We look forward to getting to know you!
Overview of Position
- The Associate,Finance will play a critical part in implementing Finance policies and interacting with external business partners and internal departments. The Finance Associate should expect to work in a very fast-paced environment supporting a company that is constructing 150 academies a year. The right hire for this position is driven, competitive, analytical, attentive, resourceful, organized and constantly seeking improvement. He or she pays attention to detail and is proficient at ERP systems and excel. The ideal candidate needs to have a flexible schedule and is willing to put in additional hours.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and adjustments into the accounting system
- Checking daily banking transactions and reconciling bank accounts
- Participate in the preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations and reports
- Review and management of general ledger accounts
- Ensuring purchase order, Goods Received Notes and invoices are matched
- Review and process bank and Mobile money payments
- Ensuring proper documentation and filing of all paperwork
- Reviewing all payments requests are in adherence to Finance policies
Qualifications and Educational Requirements`
- At least 2 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with a very unpredictable schedule
- Degree in a business/finance related field
- ICAN (or related qualification) part 2 or above
- Proficiency in excel and Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/491264 to apply for this job .