Our Company, Herbalpro Nigeria Limited is into the provision of natural and herbal therapeutic remedies, and are currently in the process of setting up a medical center for this purpose.
To this end, we are in need of a Chief Medical Officer who will be in charge of the Facility.
The Chief Medical Officer will hold business and operational responsibility, he is responsible for directing overall medical, wellness and pharmacy operations of the new healthcare facility and works with departmental directors to provide medical and commercial leadership for clinical activities within those departments.
advance the organization's mission, vision and core values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and fosters positive working relationships within the new healthcare facility and other provider partners to improve experience, cost and quality of care provided to the new healthcare facility.
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of medical, wellness and pharmacy management to advance triple-aim objectives.
- Utilizes working knowledge of how organizational change happens and leads to make significant improvements in organizational effectiveness.
- Provides leadership in defining clinical care pathways, holistic care coordination (wellness, disease, pharmaceutical, medical and case management) operations, including the development and reporting of outcome measures.
- Oversees the strategic direction and leadership of Medical Directors to support utilization management decision making using evidence-based medical guidelines.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the organization's expansive provider network; including internal, regional and state-wide, to meet network management, advance value-based contracting and achieve corporate business goals.
- Partners with the CEO and Director of Quality to support international health plan quality and accreditation activities. Uses objective Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) and National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) processes to achieve highest international ratings possible.
- Partners with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to provide strategic support regarding clinical informatics functions.
- Provides oversight, support and direction to the Director of Pharmacy Services to develop cost effective clinical protocols, ensure proper benefit design and formulary management.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork across the functional areas of operations to ensure a climate of inter-departmental collaboration across the entire organization.
- Serves as the primary medical spokesperson for the healthcare facility to represent the organization on a local, regional, and national level.
Primary medical degree and professional qualifications must be from a medical school whose accreditation is recognized by the Nigerian Medical Council
Required Education: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) plus PhD plus specialist postgraduate qualifications
Preferred Education: Master's degree in business administration (M.B.A.), public health (M.P.H.), healthcare administration (M.H.A.)
Minimum Experience Required: Ten years of medical practice experience. Four years of high level leadership experience as a health plan medical director or similar leadership position in the health care industry. Demonstrated understanding of healthcare and medical economics in the private sector healthcare and evidence of applying this knowledge in day-to-day activities.
Preferred/Additional Experience: Must be computer literate, able to use MS Office suite including Excel and be good with numbers, data analysis, probability and statistics as applied to medicine.
Must be proficient in English and at least 1 local Nigerian language(s)
The following licensure(s), certification(s), registration(s), etc., are required for this position, which must be maintained in good standing
A Certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) will be an added advantage.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490999 to apply for this job .