APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
- Develops and monitors HSE related policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe operation.
- Establishes internal and external networks to seek out best practices and ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Inspects facilities and risk assesses standard operating procedures to detect existing or potential hazards.
- Advise department managers on incident findings and assist with development of corrective actions for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Leads high severity investigations.
- Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for APMTAL in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Develops toolbox talks based on incident findings from internal or external sources and general safety information.
- Advises the Managing Director and senior management on HSE strategies.
- Represents the company with local government organizations to ensure a mutual understanding of APM Terminals Apapa Limited’s (APMTAL’s) goals and requirements, and co-operate with local resources to ensure compliance with local and international legislation and guidelines.
- Compiles and submits HSE reports required by regulatory agencies, shipping lines and company interests.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge in the area of HSE and communicates to required parties within the terminal.
- Develops and arranges basic HSE related training including, but not limited to safety inductions, basic first aid, emergency response, etc.
- Maintains safety files and records.
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in Business Management or Engineering discipline
- 5 years of cumulative experience in HSE of a container terminal
- Financial Management skills is essential
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from recognized institution
- Requires a proven record of Health, Safety and Environmental management experience from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Requires a proven track record of increasing work responsibility
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490980 to apply for this job .