Active Voices tackles critical issues paramount to health and development. Through advocacy, research, partnerships and program interventions, we improve the health and rights of children, youths, women and girls.
We are non-governmental; pro-girl; a pro-women and pro-youth organization with a focus on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), education, gender equity and gender-based violence (GBV).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Communications Officer and Program Coordinator in carrying out functions as assigned
- Identify and effectively communicate project success by developing success stories and articles
- Update and maintain Active Voices’ social media platforms and blog
- Engage with mainstream media (electronic and print) to increase Active Voices’ visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing)
- Design and Assist to compile technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Develop press release and manage press for public interviews
- Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Experience in Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, WordPress, Photography with ability to use graphics)
- Basic research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Additional Advantageous Competencies:
- Knowledge of relevant publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator,
- Knowledge of Graphic Design – CorelDraw and Infographic Development
- Prior Volunteer Experience
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490979 to apply for this job .