The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) - An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the International Operations Officer, In close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR (Admin) and Emergency Response Manager, other national and international consultants in the project team, the incumbent will perform following duties
- Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Maintenance and reporting of shadow budgetto the supervisor;
- Monitor the project budget utilization and level of expenditure;
- Operate and report on the petty cash expenses to support day-today operation activities;
- Review/check the relevant documents of all training, workshop & meeting related adjustments voucher;
- Process payment status against FAOs commitments, .e. Letter of Agreement (L0A), Contracts (MOO) etc.;
- Examine and process a variety of payment/reimbursement/ disbursement vouchers for various vendor payments;
- Prepared various payment requests by DV (Disbursement voucher) and ensure accuracy of coding in line with FAO regulation/chart of accounts with clear supporting documentation;
- Logistic and Administrative Support:
- Provide day to day logistic support as requested to ensure smooth operation of the project work;
- Supervise the duties of drivers, and messengers/cleaners and assist In the preparation and organization of logistics and transportation for the visiting missions, meetings, training courses, workshops etc;
- Arrange for timely repairs/servicing of office vehicles and office generators in the sub-office
- Check and record daily log and fuel consumption for project and rented vehicles and generator used for the sub-office;
- Provide support to arrange local official travel of all project staff, and other relevant parties, which include transportation arrangement, hotel reservations, Travel Authorization, security clearances and other documents;
- Provide logistic and administrative support to conferences, workshops, etc.;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate administrative records of all the emergency projects of NE Nigeria and use these records as the basis for preparing quarterly and annual reports for submission to FAO;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of all the project related documents;
- Management of Assets, Furniture, and Other Office Stationary
- Maintain Inventory records of the FAO NE Sub-office and share in a periodic manner (i.e. quarterly or six monthly) with the country office
- Ensure that all the equipment procured under the projects are recorded in Inventory List of FAO system;
- Act as Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationer distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Assist in preparing procurement plan on a quarterly basis;
- Obtain quotations for purchases
- Maintain an effective data base on procurement components and liaise with the suppliers and contractors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services;
- Monitor and ensure payments against purchase orders and contracts upon satisfactory delivery of goods and services and provide purchase information to allow the recording of financial commitments and expenditures In the component budget;
- Act as deputy/assistant security local for FAO NE sub-office and support the supervisor on any security related issues concerning NE Nigeria;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor within the assigned area of responsibility.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Expected Outputs;
- Meeting deadlines;
- Conversant with the manuals in the field of general administration and logistic principles and procedures and practices is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task and to maintain good working relationships with people of different nationalities and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Applications are normally not considered from candidates who do not possess all of the Essential Qualifications
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of practical experience in general project/office operational activities, and progressively responsible experience in operations works.
- Previous work experience with UN agencies would be an asset Good computer skills and proficiency in English language is required.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490766 to apply for this job .