The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) - An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the International Operations Officer, in close collaboration with the Assistant FAOR (Admin) and Emergency Response Manager, other national and international consultants in the project team, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities
- The Driver G-2 is responsible for driving the Country Office Staff of FAQ Representations. He/she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor and performs the following duties:
- Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAQ Representative and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation/vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, batter tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other ON agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Primary/Secondary Education.
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
- One year of work experience as a driver.
- Flawless, safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of the local language(s) (level B).
- Fair knowledge (level A) of the FAO official language used at the duty state (English, French or Spanish) is required.
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair. A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required. Safe driving manner.
- Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills:
- The Driver must possess a polite and friendly attitude and handle his/her passengers with Utmost respect.
- A tidy appearance, courtesy, discretion and a high level of trustworthiness are essential personal attributes.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490763 to apply for this job .