Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
To support Health Officer for the effective implementation of the health component of multi-sectoral project, particularly in management of childhood illness and CMAM in Maiduguri, Borno State
- Facilitate Capacity building of the MoH’s staff in State and LGA levels on CMAM and IMNCI.
- To strengthen links and coordination between different departments and authorities i.e. partners, LGAs, SMOH and Hospitals.
- To conduct regular monitoring and supervisions in the respective hospitals in order to ensure the quality of the CMAM In-Patient services.
- Diploma in Science with a major in Nursing, community health or Nutrition. 1 year experience in inpatient nutritional treatment essential, IMNCI and CMAM approach.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experiences on CMAM programing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to network effectively with llocal representatives of international aid organizations for exchange of information
- High level of self-discipline, time management, organization, self-motivated and able to work with little day to day supervisions but meet deadlines and program objectives
- Transparency and adherence to medical codes of conduct and patient, confidentiality and child protection
- Commitment to ACF values and principles.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in working in Northern Nigeria and well integrated into local community
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490211 to apply for this job .