Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Community Liaison Manager will primarily be responsible to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) for the active involvement of community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, by liaison, training and sensitizing communities for the identification, formulation and implementation of AAH programs in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria
- Provide support to AAH’s Acceptance strategy in program delivery.
- Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partner’s awareness and support to AAH programs.
- Participate in regular external meetings at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Rural Development or in a related field with at least five years’ relevant project experience working with rural communities
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Previous experience with Community Liaison management duties
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with AAH
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri
- Administrative and management competence would be an asset
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490209 to apply for this job .