A Faith based not for profit Foundation working in education, is currently engaging dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated people to fill key positions in the Foundation.
The Foundation is registered in Nigeria but seeks to expand its work to the African continent. This work includes giving scholarships, encouraging lifelong learning through trainings and reading initiatives and establishing libraries.
Programmes/Business Development Officer
The individual hired for this position will be responsible for developing, marketing executing, and implementing the Foundation’s programmes and events. The person will also build and maintain relationships with potential partners and funders for the Foundation’s operations.
- Create, develop and implement fund-raising strategies for the Foundation
- Identify potential partnerships with organizations/institutions
- Research available local and international funding opportunities
- Review request for proposals (RFPs) and draft proposals to potential partners and donors for fundraising purposes
- Generate increased income for the Foundation’s programmes and events from existing sources or relationships
- Maintain and expand the Foundation’s network in the creative and education sector
- Identify opportunities to actively engage the Foundation’s and Stakeholders
- Research relevant information to improve the Foundation’s programmatic approach Coordinate the execution and support the implementation of the Foundation’s programmes and activities
- Monitor and track the impact of the Foundation’s programmes and events
- Prepare reports for Management, Partners and Funders
- Support Management in other areas related to ensuring the success of the Foundation
- University degree in international relations, political science, economics, business or public administration or related discipline. A Masters Degree in any of these fields will be an advantage
- At least 5 years experience working for a national/international NGO or development agency in programme development and implementation, marketing, fundraising and external relations
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, with good drafting and editing skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in developing and delivering programmatic and fundraising strategies
- Proven experience in conceptualising, managing and executing programmatic interventions with the ability to achieve financial targets
- Excellent planning, management and organisational skills
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills
- High standard of computer competency and literacy
- Proficiency in the use of social media is an added advantage
- A self starter
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse backgrounds, culture and nationalities.
Interested candidates should send their application and curriculum vitae by clearly indicating the position they are applying for as the header. Deadline for submission of application is Monday, October 31, 2016.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/490019 to apply for this job .