JEI-Nigeria is looking for a committed accounting professional with significant experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team as an Accountant / Finance Manager based in Lagos to oversee financial management across offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt. He/she will work with, train, and oversee finance-related staff in both offices and report directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
- Ensure that JEI-Nigeria’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
- Ensure that internal controls are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Manage and minimize risks affecting JEI-Nigeria’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with JEI-Nigeria financial policies, procedures set out in this Manual and any additional donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports.
- Work with Co-Executive Directors on project and general budgeting.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including:
o Monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
o Direct, mentor/coach, appraise and supervise the other finance staff.
o Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years experience in NGO/non-profit accounting and financial management. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HND and/or B.Sc. in accounting or other relevant fields.
- Working familiarity with IFRS and other relevant international standards.
- Professional certification a significant plus.
- Experience working with Quickbooks / other accounting software a plus.
- Supervision/management experience a plus.
A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV/résumé, cover letter, and at least two professional references via email with the words “ACCOUNTANT / FINANCE MANAGER” in the subject line. Deadline to apply: 15 November 2016.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489982 to apply for this job .