Aggreko has a dedicated team and fleet servicing the Africa region. Aggreko employs almost 700 people in Africa and has approximately 2,300 MW of capacity on-hire.
We work with passion, dedication and teamwork, building new opportunities through relentless commitment to superb customer service and first-rate product quality and reliability.
About The Role (Its purpose)
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Business Development Managers to achieve revenue and profit targets through the sale of Aggreko’s power and temperature control products and services.
Job Description (What we want you to do)
- Execute a Sector Business Plan, Inc. strategy, objectives, planned activity and P&L
- Lead, mentor and coach sales team members, with a focus on continual improvement
- Successfully deliver development, succession, recruitment and new-hire inductions plans
- Implement Performance Management programmes to address poor performance issues
- Develop excellent relationships at senior executive/ministerial level in strategically important customer and prospect organisations
- Confidently articulate and present Aggreko’s products, services and value proposition
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Aggreko processes and systems
- Build a robust sales pipeline and forecast that will yield future profitable revenue streams
- Lead the sales team in excellence in CRM
- Lead collaboration with cross-functional colleagues from sale to implementation
- Develop a detailed knowledge of competitive products and services in area of operation
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge and a network of relevant contacts across the opportunity scope area of industry focus and the wider business community
- Proactively provide industry and market intelligence to the wider Aggreko community
- Act as an ambassador for Aggreko’s Values for all cross-functional colleagues
- Be prepared to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.
- Opportunity Scope
- Opportunity Size: Up to $5m to $20m+
- Average Sales Cycle: 3 months to 2 years
- Complexity: Ranges from low voltage, simple civils, no fuel risk to complex offtake agreements and land acquisition
- Contract Process: Rental to Joint Venture and/or Special Vehicle
- Process: Single contract to multi stakeholder, regulator, fuel and land partners.
The Person: (What you need to be successful in this role)
- A successful track record of leading sales teams in a similar environment & industry
- A demonstrable track record of the successful execution of Sector Business Plans
- Expertise in delivery of development, coaching and performance management plans
- Expertise in the successful delivery of succession and recruitment initiatives
- Demonstrable success in leading high value technical proposals, bids and tenders
- A proven ability to successfully lead direct report and cross-functional virtual teams
- Relevant experience in leading the effective utilisation of CRM systems.
- The financial and commercial acumen to execute detailed Sector Business plans
- The intellectual capability required to articulate the positive impact Aggreko’s product and services deliver to its customers and their communities
- The personal ability to collaborate, lead and influence a diverse range of people, including direct reports, customers, partners and colleagues
- The drive and resilience required to lead and win in a competitive sales environment
- The emotional intelligence required to be an authentic leader, displaying good judgement and robust decision making: Acting as a role model for team members
- The organisational skills required to build a successful sales team in a dynamic, complex and high pressure business
- The personal gravitas required to establish credibility at executive/ministerial level
- The self-awareness to identify own development needs and the desire to continually improve both self and the team
- The ability to communicate concisely and confidently across all levels.
- Education: Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MBA preferred
- Industry Focus Knowledge: Preferred, but not essential
- Geographical area of operation experience: Preferred, but not essential
- Language Proficiency: English + local essential
- Driving Licence: Essential.
- Aggreko Sales Behaviours: (How we would like you to operate in this role)
- We drive ourselves to acquire and maintain a well-developed network, understanding our marketplace, competitors and industry trends
- We create, maintain and share robust Account Plans, ensuring Aggreko is competitively positioned to take advantage of opportunities when they arise
- We use our commercial acumen to qualify our opportunities robustly, identifying where we can win and where we cannot
- We create, maintain and share robust Sales Opportunity plans, ensuring we know what needs to be achieved to win both new and repeat business.
- We take personal responsibility to acquire and maintain the knowledge we need to understand how Aggreko’s resources, products and services bring value to our customers
- We have a deep understanding of our processes: Knowing who and where to go to when we need help to get things done. We share this knowledge freely with our colleagues
- We take the time to prepare for all our customer interactions by conducting thorough research into their organisation, their business environment and their people
- We know how to deploy Aggreko’s resources (time, people, money) in an effective and efficient manner, both in the interest of the customer and our wider business.
- Our colleagues, customers and partners’ safety is our first thought at all times
- We make every effort to ensure that our customers and colleagues needs and expectations are being met.We communicate clearly and honestly and we value both theirs and our time
- Whenever possible we use our collective knowledge and resources, but we hold ourselves accountable for the achievement of our sales targets and objectives
- We lead from the front, accept responsibility and value the opinions of others.Our ambition is to attain the status of trusted advisor, both in the eyes of our customers and our colleagues
- We challenge ourselves.Actively seeking feedback from our colleagues and customers to understand how and where we can improve
- We aspire to best practice, leveraging our internal and external networks to inform our thoughts, decisions and actions
- We take control of our future by planning and developing a sales pipeline of closable opportunities that enable us to forecast our future business accurately
- We are inquisitive about our customers’ real needs enabling us to provide the best solutions for today and tomorrow, whilst negotiating win/win outcomes for them and us.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489813 to apply for this job .