Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a Turnkey Engineering Services organization; servicing mostly the Telecommunication and Oil & Gas organizations, is recruiting to fill this position
Drafting and vetting of routine contracts pertaining to property, license, non disclosure agreements, intellectual property rights etc., vetting tender documents, handling arbitration matters and civil suits before various courts of law should any arise and co-ordination with the panel of lawyers.
Ensure that the organization’s legal matters are managed properly, efficiently and that the relevant and respective stakeholders are given proper advice and guidance.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates major account agreements, consulting agreements, special licensing, non-disclosure agreements, terms and amendments for customers.
- Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution; manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Drafts, manages, distributes, responds to, or analyzes RFIs, RFPs, RFQs or customer terms & conditions as needed.
- Drafting and vetting of MOA, MOU, Bank guarantee, Indemnity Bonds if any, Undertakings and authority letters, vendor contracts, etc.
- Drafting and Vetting of all legal documents and co-ordination with the panel of lawyers to ensure documents are legally sound.
- Preparations of case drafts; coordination and Briefing / discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fees structure of the Advocates.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for Arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appointed Advocate for proceeding of Arbitration.
- Follow up with Advocates for updating of legal cases; follow up with concerned officer to attend the court.
- Liaison with relevant Government offices and other competent authorities if necessary.
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Interprets contracts and advises sales / consulting managers on contractual responsibilities.
- Translates complex commercial/legal scenarios into simple language and action plans.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources.
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of staff ensuring an effective and motivated team.
- Liaise with the HR department in conducting performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
- Ensure that the CEO, COO, Senior Management Team (SMT), and the Board are provided updates and reports on a regular basis, where necessary.
- Any other duty of related responsibilities.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics:
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters.
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues / problems in management areas, and recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage office functions economically and efficiently, plan work, maintains good interpersonal relations and communications with lawyers and support staff.
- Business experience is an added advantage.
- Displays excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Has the ability to evaluate and weigh all legal aspects and / or situation, and be able to provide sound solutions, with the ultimate aim of protecting the legal rights of the Organisation.
Education & Experience
- Possess a Bachelor Degree / Master in Law (LLB/LLM).
- A minimum of 6 - 7 years of relevant work experience.
- An ICSA qualification would be an added advantage
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489811 to apply for this job .