The Partnership for Advocacy in Child and Family Health (PACFaH) project is a social accountability project implemented through the strategy of partnership building of indigenous CSO’s, champions and activists to ensure the government at national and state levels in Nigeria fulfill commitments to child and family health.
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the ideal candidate will work within PAcFaH teams to develop and operationalize the health advocacy communication plan and social media strategy of PACFaH partner NGOs.
- S/he will develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets, monitor media; advise on reactive media opportunities, develop and pitch proactive media opportunities; arid write and distribute media releases and op-eds.
- The ideal candidate will also develop online communication materials including video content, maintain oversight of Partners website, including updating relevant information; contribute to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events, forums and policy submissions; and develop and implement PACFaH’s advocacy strategies campaigns, in consultation with the Manager Policy and Communications.
Successful candidates will be engaged on a consultancy basis for a 6 month renewable period. Experts with relevant experience in confirmed positions are encouraged to take up this opportunity on secondment, sabbatical or no-paid leave for the Initial 6 month period. Duty post - Abuja with 10%-15% travel.
- The ideal candidate will have a first degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, English Language.
- For one of the four available positions, Pharmacists with relevant communication skills and related experience are also invited to apply.
- A minimum of 3 years experience Copywriting, proofreading, developing and communicating the core messages of a public health, social sector or gender programs in past projects, Post graduate qualifications in the social sector will be a distinct advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489254 to apply for this job .