IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in the application of diagnostics techniques such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and nucleic acid isolation methods
- Conduct field assessment of yam diseases
- Coordinate Propagation of planting materials in screen house and field
- Maintain virus and fungal isolates
- Monitor and reporting of field and screen house activities
- Participate in field surveys and preparation of high quality report on findings
- Carryout data management and analysis using tools available in the YamBase
- Prepare of timely and accurate technical reports
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- BSc in Plant Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology or closely related fields with minimum of three (3) years professional experience preferably with a reputable organization
- The ideal candidate must have:
- Good laboratory and field research skills
- Good Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures
- Good computer skills, MS-Office applications, use of document and data management applications
- Good communication and supervisory skills
- Good data management analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and ability to acquire skills quickly (fast learner)
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489242 to apply for this job .