AIM Group is a multidisciplinary group of companies with diversified interests in building and construction, Restaurant and Manufacturing, ICT and Broadcasting with presence in 3 main regions and other offices across the country
We are seeking to employ an internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgment.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor Management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Educational Requirements and Experience
- B.Sc. degree in Accounting or Finance from a good University
- M.Sc. will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with at least five years as an Internal Auditor
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, and relationship building skills
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/489063 to apply for this job .