The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
Key Working Relationship
- Reports to the Program Officer, Senior Program Officer, Program Manager, Associate Director (AD) and Director, Clinical Laboratory Services.
- Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow laboratory, organizational and collaboration policies.
- Undergo training and competency assessment according to laboratory requirements.
- Perform various laboratory procedures for specimen and/or media preparation for analysis in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Contribute to the laboratory’s QMS and quality control program by observing written policy and procedures.
- Collect patient specimens, receive, sort and register specimens for testing.
- Store/retrieve samples/media (where applicable) to ensure traceability in accordance with procedures.
- Monitor stock availability of consumables to ensure availability of all necessary supplies in the TB Reference laboratory.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance of laboratory equipment as required in a timely manner
- Participate in the diagnostics (smear microscopy, GeneXpert, TB culture, Line Probe Assay) in the TB Reference laboratories.
- Ensure that Lab management information systems are functional and up-to-date is up to date.
- Ensure pre, analytical and post analytical phases of testing are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Collect & Collate AFB smear microscopy and GeneXpert MTB/RIF data report across all IHVN sites.
- Perform every other duty necessary for the successful implementation of the GF programs and as assigned.
- Must be willing to learn new skills, hardworking and dedicated.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude in relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations.
- Must be creative, proactive and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written/verbal.
- The Program Assistant should have the following qualifications:
- Licensed Medical Laboratory Technician/ Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist/ Biomedical scientist.
- Work Experience in a diagnostic laboratory or related field will be an added advantage.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488840 to apply for this job .