- Must be aware about the basic security aspects in the hosting industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the cPanel/WHM Linux Hosting control panel.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system: CentOS/CloudLinux.
- Knowledge of System services (i.e., Apache/Nginx, DNS, Tomcat, Mail transfer agents (exim, sendmail, postfix, qmail), FTP, SSH and PHP)
- Knowledge of server security and hardening, tuning, patching, optimization.
- Knowledge of website migration from same or cross control panel.
- Knowledge of cloud computing & Linux Server Virtualization using KVM, XEN, OpenVZ or Virtuozzo.
- Outstanding Customer Service & Communication skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Providing technical support to clients for hosting products & services via Helpdesk and live chat.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, DNS, Exim etc.
- Providing fellow support representatives with technical support and guidance.
- Troubleshoot issues/errors related to Linux hosting related services .
- Monitor Server Performance.
- Linux Administration of Dedicated Servers & VPS on CentOS/Cloudlinux (Mandatory)
- Experience in hosting control panels: cPanel/WHM, Plesk etc.
- Experience in any one of scripting language (bash, perl, python, php)
- Experience in high traffic websites and load balancing
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot scripting languages such as PHP, bash, and perl.
- Advanced knowledge of the cPanel/WHM control panel & Linux operating system: CentOS/CloudLinux.
- Sound Knowledge of web server and its services: (Server: apache, nginx), (Services: Exim, postfix, dns, mysql, ftp etc.)
- Experience in Server & System services (i.e., Apache/Nginx, DNS, Tomcat, Mail transfer agents (exim, sendmail, postfix, qmail), FTP, SSH and PHP)
- Understand the purpose of Firewalls and Load Balancers, VPN and SSL technologies
- Working knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as telnet, ssh.
- Good technical knowledge of commonly hosted end-user applications such as: Wordpress, Joomla, Magento and other common PHP/MySQL based softwares for increasing performance of websites and decreasing load on server.
- Knowledge of Website and other services migration.
- Installation & Updating of Softwares, OS on Linux environments i.e.: Centos, CloudLinux.
- Must be aware about the basic security aspects in the hosting industry
- Should be able to monitor and block Spam & other security threats.
- Knowledge of Virtualization Softwares like KVM, OpenVZ, XEN or Virtuozzo
- Redhat or Systems Administration experience preferred in web hosting industry.
- Thorough knowledge of Linux server management.
- Applicants must be willing to work on shift.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488821 to apply for this job .