Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties.
- Maintains accounts payable voucher register, cash disbursement journal and supporting schedule. Keeps complete and accurate accounts payable records
- Responsible for payments to suppliers for all goods and services required by the hotel, and for all reconciliation’s of issued purchase orders, advance to suppliers and owner’s current account etc.
- To effect collections so that accounts outstanding are at a minimum and cash flow at the maximum.
- Operate within Starwood and local policies guidelines.
- Maintain a good business relation with guests
- Work closely with the Front Desk, Reservations & Events and all Departments Heads
- Matches invoices received with received notes and/or purchase orders.
- Allocates costs according to the Sheraton chart of accounts.
- Checks that the detail on the invoices corresponds with that on the delivery notes and/or purchase orders.
- Checks that the department head concerned sign all invoices for services or good received direct.
- Promptly resolves all disputes with purchasing and suppliers.
- Posts all vouchers to the voucher register on a current basis.
- Prepares checks and enters them in the disbursement journal according to the payment schedule agreed between controller, purchasing and the suppliers.
- At month end, balances voucher register and disbursement journal.
- Prepares trial balance of unpaid vouchers which balances with general ledger control card.
- Balances inventory accounts with F&B control and general stores.
- Reviews and reconciles open purchase order file with purchasing on a monthly basis for a status report on undelivered items. Reconcile on monthly basis all related accounts
- First degree holder (BSc or HND holder)
- Accounting Knowledge or background.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in international chain hotel.
- Above Average hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, WORD and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures and reports generated from the computer system.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to take responsibility and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, Hardworking and with Integrity
- Ability to work as a team
- Proactive thinking
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488777 to apply for this job .