Twinning for Health Support Initiative, Nigeria (THSI-N) was established by the American International Health Alliance (AIHA) as its local Nigerian partner organization. THSI-N received its Certificate of Incorporation by the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission in February 2014.
Twinning for Health Support Initiative Nigeria (THSI-N) seeks a program Assistant programmatic support to program staff and other THIS-N programs. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director with close collaboration with the M&E officer and the state program managers.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
The Program Assistant will support all technical activities but work more closely with the Executive Director based in Enugu. Working under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the program assistant will also provide support to all technical staff in the Enugu and field offices and in addition perform other assignments as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Provide support to the programs unit including logistics support for trainings and workshops.
- Support the M&E officer to prepare quarterly reports and logistics for field visits
- Conduct pre training venue assessments
- Provide technical support in develop success stories from the field
- Support in preparation of meetings and training budgets for the various technical areas
- Support in the head and field office inventory updates
- Support in planning for in house security training and office fire drills
- Take minutes of weekly internal technical team meetings, other internal and external technical meetings
- Make periodic visits to state offices to support training and collect data for report writing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences with at least three years of work experience. Knowledge of computer literacy is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to anticipate length and difficulty of task assignments, set project objectives, work on multiple tasks at once, anticipate problems and evaluate results.
- Demonstrated understanding of team work and ability to learn fast in a complex environment, involving interaction with senior government officials in Nigeria.
- B.SC or HND in any discipline with at least 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong and demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrates capacity for organization, prioritization, and management in a dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, works independently and in a team environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations effectively
- Experience handling petty cash
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of cultural sensitivity. Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Experience in handling logistics and planning workshops and conferences
- Some travel/logistical coordination experience
- English proficiency skills
- Ability to travel domestically (25%)
- Office management experience
- Previous work experience with international or health-related organizations
- Non-profit experience
- Good presentation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488346 to apply for this job .