FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all US states and territories.
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
With the support of the Associate Director, Senior Technical Officer and the Technical Officers RMNCH, the state Technical Officer (RMNCH) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality state and L.G.A. level reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services at FHI 360 state offices.
- Provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health activities at FHI 360 sites in collaboration with appropriate GoN and related stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of facility and community-based activities including strengthening referrals and linkages by mentoring community-based organizations and support groups to strengthen linkages to services.
- Support demand generation for RMNCH service at FHI 360 supported facilities
- Assist the State Senior Technical Officer in providing support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, RH, FP and MCH focal points, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support preparation and sorting of source documents for data to be entered into DHIS and reported to the donor.
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Work with the country and state office teams to conduct routine data analysis and contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets including programmatic assistance to local partners
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RMNCH and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS or similar degree with minimum of 1 year relevant experience in Public Health with a sound understanding of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health in resource constrained settings.
- BSc. Nursing, Public health, Pharmacy or other closely related field with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488331 to apply for this job .