The Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management Project is a USAID program implemented by SAII Associates Ltd. /Gte., an associated company of Chemonics International Inc. in Nigeria. The purpose of the Project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives throughout the world.
- The Program Associate will assist with administrative support, program monitoring and support for effective implementation.
- The Program Associate will report to the assigned Project leadership and/or technical lead who will be his/her supervisor but will be expected to support multiple program areas and departments.
- Provide administrative support to the Project leadership and technical leads as needed in locating & assembling technical materials, copying & filing, monitoring activity implementation and reminding relevant team members of activity timelines.
- Provide support to the technical teams in filling the procurement action request (PAR) form, obtaining relevant background information and tracking implementation of the PAR instructions for program implementation.
- In consultation with Project leadership and technical leads, organize and schedule business meetings as assigned; ensure conference rooms and other venues are reserved; and coordinate transportation if necessary to meeting venues.
- Assist in taking meeting notes during business meetings, developing follow up actions from meetings and following up with relevant parties to ensure implementation of the project activities in line with meeting agreement.
- In consultation with Project leadership and technical leads, assist in maintaining up-do- date project workplans, including but not limited to status updates for individual workplan activities and associated document for all the projects as appropriate.
- In consultation with technical staff and the Finance, Office administration and Operations department, organize and schedule training programs and workshops, including but not limited to: identifying and reserving venues, specifying accommodation needs, specifying and arranging for food & refreshments, identifying and assisting transportation options, providing necessary audio-visual and other equipment and supplies, arranging for the timely production of approved training materials.
- Attend team and other technical and administrative meetings as assigned; in consultation with supervisory staff, prepare and circulate in advance meeting agenda; prepare and circulate draft minutes of meetings; and following review by supervisory staff, revise and circulate finalized minutes (after review as appropriate) including follow-up on outstanding tasks identified during the meeting.
- Assist the Project leadership and technical lead in maintaining up to date contact list of relevant stakeholders to guide program implementation
- Assist in review of relevant project reports and document as may be assigned to align project deliverables with goals and objectives
- Assist Project leadership and technical leads and other project staff with other administrative tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or HND or equivalent in Public Administration, Public Health, Social Sciences, Management, Communications or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills - good knowledge of MS Office applications
- At least 3 years' relevant work experience providing program support in health-related programs (with an international NGO preferred).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with a USAID funded contract or grant is a significant plus.
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required.
- Good interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Abuja
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet demanding time-lines Strong organizational skills
This job originally appeared elsewhere.
Help someone get a job, tell them to visit http://jbng.me/488317 to apply for this job .